Wednesday 7 April 2010

I have been M.I.A

Well, sort of. The month of March flew by. I left preparing for a large show (One of a Kind Show) for the last minute and spent the last few weeks of March, sewing night and day. It was worth it, I had a great show, met some great people and as with every show, learned more about the interesting phycology of shopping. Since I do 99% of my sales online, I am lacking in the skill of merchandising and making everything look pretty and approachable. But I am learning. The show was 5 days long and 11 hours a day, it was long but worth it. 
Monday, I had one day to be lazy at home, then one day to go to the studio to clean up and unpack.
Today I had the great pleasure of getting my wisdom teeth out. I have been told since I was 12 years old that I should do it, but I managed to find reasons to keep them, I like having all my teeth! But my dentist finally convinced me it was for the best so I did it. For weeks the thought of it has me terrified!!!
I was more scared of anesthetic then anything, I don't know why, but the thought being knocked out was very unappealing. So today at 8 am I went in, breathed in some gas and 35 minutes later, it was done and over with. The gas wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I had been so busy worrying about anesthetic that I never even considered pain, it HURTS! Really, Im just being a huge baby, but needless to say I will be spending the next few days at home, reading and eating pudding till I know longer look like a chipmunk.
I have some new ideas in the works for Cha Cha and can't wait to get back into the swing of things. 
I have realized that most of my readers are other creative women who are or dream of pursuing their artistic endeavors as a full-time career. So once I am back in fighting form, I plan on sharing more insight into how I make Cha Cha work, my mistakes and my successes. I really hope to grow a little community where we can all share our experiences and become stronger business women. Sometimes it's pretty tough to follow your dream, but with persistence and support, anything can happen.
Talk soon!!
ps. Today I consumed laughing gas, Tylenol 3's and 3 chocolate puddings, so if some of this post is confusing, please for give me!!!

No comments: