Tuesday 17 January 2012

What I am Reading...

I still have about 200 pages left of this book so I can't give my full opinion, but I do know that I love it so far. I am almost savouring this one like a rich dessert, reading only so much at a time because I don't want it to be over. 
Many years ago picked up The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle also by Haruki Murakami at a garage sale for 25 cents. I enjoyed it at the time but think I wasn't ready for his style of writing and didn't appreciate it the way I would now. I will be re-reading that one soon. 
Murakami has the most beautiful style of writing, like nothing I have read before. His words evoke such vivid visuals that without effort I can go back to scenes in my head and feel like I watched them take place right in front of me. I highly recommend.


Paris Times Eight- by Deirdre Kelly
To be honest I like almost any book that reminds me of Paris. But following Deirdre's journey through the city was light and fun. A casual book you could easily finish in a weekend.

Letters To A Young Feminist- by Phyllis Chesler PH.D.
In school I never took a Women's Studies course and didn't spend a whole lot of time wondering if I considered myself a feminist or not, but lately I have found myself more and more interested in Women's lives and experiences all over the world, past and present.  I enjoyed this one. Phyllis talks a lot about her experiences growing up in the 50's, 60's and 70's which makes it clear how many things have changed and how many sadly have not.

What have you been reading???

No comments: