Wednesday 16 January 2013

Lena- Recycled Leather and Studs




I didn't have much of a plan when I stepped into my sewing room to make Lena. I started with a simple round shape that works well as an everyday handbag. The brown and purple leather (both reclaimed leathers) were sitting on top of each other on my shelf and I just loved they way they looked together. I used them to add a little colour detail to the front flap. If I was going to add a little something to the front of the bag, I couldn't leave the bottom of the bag plain, so I added some of my favourite studs. A fancy outside deserves a fancy inside and what dresses up an interior better then my hand painted/printed canvas lining. The strap on Lena is about 33 inches long but can be doubled over if you prefer a shorter strap. If you are looking for a one of a kind piece, Lena is it!

ps. Lena's previous life = A mens leather jacket.

No comments: