Thursday 5 February 2015

Winter Food- Roast Carrot & Fennel Soup




Soup is my go to winter food. It is easy to make, keeps you warm and most importantly it fills you up in the healthiest way. I made this Roast Carrot & Fennel Soup on my lunch break today.

Ingredients: Measuring is over rated, I just throw in what I have.

- carrots
- fennel
- garlic
- veggie stock
- salt
- pepper
- chilli fakes

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 450. Place carrots, fennel and onion on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20 min, then add garlic cloves and roast for another 20 min or until vegetable are soft.

2. Remove the papery skin from the garlic and throw everything into a pot with vegetable stock. Add some salt, pepper and chilli flakes for a little warmth. Bring to a boil then blend until completely smooth.

3. Save the tops of the fennel plants to chop up and add right before you serve for a little extra fennel flavour.


No comments: