Thursday 13 January 2011

Today is the first day of 2011.

For me it is.
For the last two weeks I have not been that productive. I haven't been lazy, just unfocused. It just happens sometimes, I don't know why. Then all of a sudden, motivation hits and I am back to normal.
Today I cleaned up the studio and started dying canvas for Spring handbags.

First I had to clean up a mess. I had been putting this task off for days.

Mixing dye. I have been wanting to use a purple and burnt orange together for a while.


Then, right before I was going to get starting silkscreening, I got distracted and made this pouch. I might make more, but with the cha cha tag on the inside, not outside.
Testing to see what the colors look like on canvas. Look at my tiny nails. I have this horrible, life long habit of biting my nails. I have decided to stop. It's only been 24 hours, but so far so good.
Finished for this afternoon. Later I will sew this into bucket bags and large canvas totes.

No comments: