Thursday 17 July 2014

Simple Almost Always Tastes Better- Salsa Recipe




I love food, a lot. The food I usually love the most is also the simplest. If it has 18 ingredients and 24 steps, I am probably not going to attempt it. So I thought I would share one the simplest recipes I make on a very regular basis. Salsa. If I was asked that old question, what would my last meal be?? I would really have to think about it, but I do know what part of it would be... Salsa, chips and guacamole. Spicy, salty, crunchy and creamy all in one, for me it doesn't get much better then that. Add add a glass of white wine or a beer and I am one happy lady.

So here it is.

SALSA
Step One:
Toss a can of tomatoes, a chipolte pepper, onion, garlic, cumin & lime into a blender and blend for a few seconds.

Step Two:
Toss in the corn, black beans some torn up cilantro. Let it blend just enough to mix it up, you don't want the corn and beans to be pulverized.

Step Three:
Add some salt to season and your salsa is complete. It can last a few weeks in the fridge, although mine never does, it gets devoured pretty quickly.

GUACAMOLE:
I like mine simple.
Step One: Mash up an avocado with some lime juice, salt and a little cumin.

Done, now eat.



No comments: